Friday, March 6, 2009

Lucas, Lucas, Lucas

So, here's some more of what the little guy does every day....
This one is sad... it's from tonight. He came home from park day and he took his nap and woke up with a huge fever. I gave him tylenol and apple juice and put in the muppets and he just sat here (either cuddling with me or alone) for almost 2 hours. This kid moves non-stop, so you know he's sick when he'll hold still.
I love the way he's holding the remote.

The bruise from where he got the swing to the head at park day

Wearing clothes in the bathtub because he spilled a grease and drippings can from the grill all over himself and everything on the back porch, so he earned a bath! There's a lovely black handprint on the side of the tub, but other than that, it's hard to see all of the mess in this picture.

How he looks when he goes down for a nap or to bed. Awake (but tired) and happy, it's crazy.

Playing in his room and trying to act innocent because he knew he was about to be in trouble because he had just been throwing blocks out the window.
He's lucky I found them all.

Sweet shades

At the playground in the sand

First time climbing all the way onto the couch all by himself.

Venturing out onto the bridge at playgroup

Pulling out all the baby wipes

We were walking through a landscaping store and Lucas was behind me and he saw this goose and he jumped back all startled. Then he stood there looking at it for the longest time and he wouldn't walk past it to me. I was just standing a few feet away laughing. When he finally decided to come to me, he put his little arms together in front of him and ran past it with his face all scrunched up. It was HILARIOUS.
Update: I took him back to this store this weekend with Jared and we happened to go by the goose again and he did almost the same thing. He was definitely startled again. I have no idea why.


Screaming because I wouldn't give him the cell phoneHappy because I showed him pictures of himself (this was literally 5 seconds later)

He had just eaten a whole piece of homemade pizza this same size and he's still eyeing another piece

Playing with the extra plans daddy brought home from work

Free cake giveaway at Walmart. Lucas was a little concerned that I wouldn't share.

Playing in the bouncy chair that he always sits in now and would almost never sit in when he actually fit in it

Giving me a dirty look from upstairs. I had just told him he could have a bath and I took off his clothes and diaper, but I didn't start the water because I heard my cell phone ring so I went to get it. Apparently, he thought I wouldn't actually give him a bath (and he loves them) so when I got to the bottom of the stairs I guess he had run out behind me and he threw his diaper at me and then glared at me. I wish I had caught the face a little clearer. He was ticked and he almost nailed me with his dirty diaper.

2 comments:

Hans and Holly said...

That Lucas seems like a handful! What a fun little guy. I hope he gets better soon. Kelsie has been sick too. It's not fun having sick kids. It's not fun being sick either.

I apologize for ending my conversation with Jared early on Sunday. We are so excited to see you all, and Kelsie can hardly wait to play with Lucas!

Anonymous said...

What a cute kid! I just wonder what he's going to be like as a teenager...I'm sure he'll be fine, just a handful for the teachers. How is the job going? How is living in Vegas? Keep in touch.
We love you guys.

Scott and Estelle